Maine School Garden Day – This is a past event, see us next year in Hampden!
April 27, 2019
Saturday, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Trenton Elementary School
51 School Road,
Trenton, ME 04605
Join us for the 10th Annual Maine School Garden Day!
A full day of workshops and networking for School Garden enthusiasts will be hosted by Maine School Garden Network (MSGN), Maine Agriculture in the Classroom (MAITC), MOFGA, and the University of Maine Cooperative Extension. Whether you’re dreaming of starting an educational garden or working to develop an existing program… this day is for you!
To register by mail, download a copy of the registration form here.
Take a peek at the agenda:
- 8:00 – 8:30 – Registration, coffee/tea & visits to exhibitors
- 8:30 – 9:20 Welcome – Orientation, introductions, keynote, garden reports
- 9:30 – 10:30 SESSION I – Choose from 3 different options including a tour of Trenton Elementary School Garden & outdoor classroom
- 10:40 –11:40 SESSION II – Choose from 3 different options including a tour of Trenton Elementary School Garden & outdoor classroom
- 11:45 – 12:30 – Networking lunch
- 12:30 – 1:00 – SESSION III – Maine FFA updates, MSGN events
- 1:00 – 1:10 – Movement break
- 1:20 – 2:55 – SESSION IV – Choose 4 different 20 minute presentations or workshops with topics ranging from grant writing tips, taste tests and garden stories
- 3:05 – 3:30 – Closing session, door prizes, certificates & CEU’s awarded
Join us for an optional tour of Beech Hill Farm after the event!
All participants will receive Certificates for contact hours or CEU’s.
Scholarships available through Maine Ag in the Classroom: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email email@example.com for more information.