Join students, teachers, school food service folks and a wide range of citizen supporters who come together to share stories, lessons learned and the dynamic energy of the Maine Farm to School Movement.
This event will provide an opportunity to:
Learn about the 3 legs of the movement:
- Buying and Cooking Maine Products for School Means
- Hundreds of School Gardens, spreading rapidly, and doing fish, critters, orchards, seed saving and more.
- Food and Agriculture Education projects that are being woven into diverse curricula.
• Hear from National partners from the National Farm to School Network and the USDA.
• Learn how Farm to School is key lever in Maine's local food system movement.
• Network with diverse practioners from across the state.
• Enjoy a yummy local foods lunch.